i-CAT Cone Beam 3-D Dental Imaging System
The emerging standard of care in dentistry and dental implantology is the use of three dimensional x-ray studies. The 3-D images allow the doctor to collect the needed and highly valuable diagnostic information so they can best plan and deliver dental and surgical care.
i-CAT Cone Beam 3D Imaging provides three-dimensional imaging, right in the practice office. It enhances diagnosis and treatment planning by providing more accurate imaging that can be manipulated in all three planes of space. Using the 3-D mapping tool, the dentist can easily format and select desired slices for immediate viewing, which allows the doctor and patient to better communicate the aspects of a case.
Benefits of Using the i-CAT:
- Offers advanced imaging within the practice
- Allows doctors to visualize anatomy that can not be diagnosed externally or in 2 dimensional images
- Safer - delivers less radiation to the patient than traditional CT scans
- Open environment ensures patient comfort
- Thorough diagnostic information (optimum view of the critical anatomy of all oral and maxillofacial structures)
- More accurate treatment planning - confirm certain treatments are necessary
- More predictable treatment outcomes
- Reduces the length and cost of therapy
- Delivers quicker and easier image acquisition - typical scan takes only 20 second
Panoramic xray generated from i-CAT scan, showing four wisdom teeth and a surprise extra "supernumerary" tooth! (labeled with arrow)