Crowns are the primary way to restore a tooth that is severely decayed, cracked or broken, or has had an endodontic (root canal) procedure. Mount Hope Dental utilizes same-day CAD/CAM technology to design and place your crown all in one appointment.
The doctor creates a virtual design of the crown and sends it to the milling center located in office. Once the crown has been milled, it is fired and glazed in an oven, then cemented.
There are several advantages to an fabricated crown over a laboratory produced crown:
- The whole process can be completed in a single visit - no temporary crowns!
- The digital impression is taken with a scanner in a matter of seconds - no gagging on impression material!
- The dentist controls every aspect of the construction process
- The crowns are all-ceramic (no metal)
- Since the process is CAD/CAM driven the fit of the crown is very precise